Let's begin! Cover It Up Spring Instructions
Welcome! These resources show citizen scientists how to set up their experiment in spring of 2020. Before carrying out these steps at your site, please take time to study them at home and be sure you have completed the following steps:
- Selected a site and sent preliminary information (site name, coordinates, and photos) to the research team
- Removed common buckthorn at your site, an area ~30 x 40 feet
- Received your Cover It Up materials from the University of Minnesota
These "how-to" resources are available in two formats that contain identical information, so you may choose between:
- Text with illustrations or a
- Series of instructional videos
Text with illustrations
IMPORTANT NOTE: The planting of buckthorn test seeds is postponed. When inventorying your kit, you will not find buckthorn test seeds or the 11 cm cardboard circle. These supplies and steps will come later in 2020.
Series of instructional videos
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please prepare your pin flags using the Sharpie and instructions provided in your kit.